How long does a translation take?
Translation time depends on subject matter and my current work load. If it is a handwritten document, translation time depends on the legibility and quality of the text. Time required for translation will be stated with your quote.
What are your rates?
For typed documents, rates are based on the number of words in the source text. For handwritten documents, rates are on a per hour basis. Rates are flexible and vary according to turnaround time and amount of specialization involved. Documents with fewer than 250 words are subject to a minimum fee.
How can I send documents to you?
Documents can be sent using Wetransfer.com to the e-mail address: language[AT]sktranslations.com. Replace the [AT] with @. They can also be sent directly to the e-mail address, although WeTransfer is helpful for multiple or large documents.
What are your payment policies?
Payment is due upon completion of the project. For new clients or large projects, a small deposit fee is required. Payment is accepted via PayPal (small fee), Venmo or Zelle bank transfer (no fees).
- Venmo: Katherine-Schober Venmo
- PayPal : paypal.me/SKTranslations (client is asked to pay the ca. 3% fee PayPal charges)
- If you would prefer to pay by Zelle, please contact me for details.
What do you need from me?
- A clear copy of the text to be translated (for genealogical documents, please ensure that I am able to zoom in on the file – this means it must be scanned in high resolution)
- If your record is on a page with many other records, please clearly indicate the location of the record you would like translated (either by marking it on the actual document or describing it in your e-mail, e.g. “the second to last record on the left page”).
- The purpose of the text and whether it is for publication
- When you need the translated text returned
- Any information you think may be helpful relating to the text (for genealogical documents, names of people and places that may appear in the text are helpful)